It's simple. We're fighting breast cancer in Nebraska. How?
- Funding programs that support breast cancer education, screening and treatment
- Educating Nebraskans about breast cancer risk factors, the importance of early detection and the resources that are available to them
We donate 75 percent of net funds raised to vital local breast health services, and dedicate the remaining 25 percent to national research to find the cures. Komen Nebraska serves thousands of women, men and families in 91-counties across Nebraska, as the local source for funding programs that:
- provide low-cost or free screening mammograms, diagnostic testing and breast cancer treatment to uninsured or underinsured Nebraska residents
- provide support services before, during and after breast cancer treatment
We empower Nebraska residents with information about the importance of early detection and breast health.
Since 1994,Komen Nebraska has invested almost $7 million into our 91-county service area through the annual community grants program to fund breast health programs and services for medically-under served residents.
Komen Nebraska is part of the big picture to eradicate breast cancer. But we're specifically focused on the local needs of our neighbors. We are dedicated to educating Nebraskans about breast cancer and the resources available along with funding life-saving screening and treatment programs for our neighbors currently battling this disease. Komen Nebraska funding provided the following in the 2014-2015 grant cycle:
- 354 mammograms
- 2,148 clinical breast exams
- 321 women received patient navigation assistance
Join Komen Nebraska in the fight to beat breast cancer. You can donate your time
, host a fundraiser
or participate in one of our Race for the Cure events. You can know your normal and encourage those around you to know theirs. You can be a listening ear and strong shoulder to family and friends who are in the battle. And you can be an inspiration and tell your story as a survivor. There is a place for you in this fight. Your dollar might be the one that ultimately finds one of the cures. Your presentation might encourage a listener to get a mammogram and find her cancer at an earlier stage. Contact us today
. We're here to partner with you.
We're always only a click or a call away. However you reach us, we are always happy to help you.